We have entered a different time. A different way of managing day-to-day affairs and life in general. Having to reimagine and dream of how to get from where we are now to where we want to be, makes us call upon parts of ourselves not previously utilized as much. There is now a need to bring to the forefront an ability previously considered less valuable in its ability to secure meaningful happiness and financial stability. Intuition.
In the west, specifically the United States, we have been conditioned to rely predominantly on intellect, reason and logic. The anticipated strategy for our lives laid out before us filled with suitable steps that lead to success. Start from point A to get to point Z. If we honored this type linear way of living out our lives, the reward would be a certain level of comfort and feeling we had achieved "the dream."
Patriarchal top/down leadership structure firmly in place. Those at the top ruling over those beneath them. This hierarchical lane when followed, assured a reward of acceptance and continuance in the mainstream, securing the ability to survive. External social and educational platforms inform the way we develop and plan our way through our lives. Even in the religious and spiritual arenas, we seek after classes, gurus, master teachers, coaches, mentors, ministers, priests, initiations, sermons, books, videos, webinars, etc. Much valuable time is spent running after what we thought we didn't know or hadn't yet found.
Of course, it is always best to learn about something from someone who is well-versed and experienced in what we want and need to know and learn. There will always be significant value in it. What we are being called to do by this changing time is to make a shift of how we navigate the important areas of our lives. The traditional way was to seek first from an external source because we had not learned to first trust our natural intuitive abilities to help guide us along the way in life.
Our approach was to view life from an intellectual and logical lens which only provided surface data. Turning within and allowing our intuition to guide us on our next important steps allows us to align our inner leader with our Divine destiny. In that way we can identify what is right for us. What is your life path? What is the next, best step to being or remaining on that path? Looking within yourself will help you in going after what will truly elevate your life. The inner wisdom of your higher self will guide you. Your spirit guides, angels, and ancestors are also with you to ensure you are doing what you truly are meant to do in life. You will be able to hear their guidance when you enhance your intuition. During these changing times, the emphasis is to find out what will bring you the most joy as a means of earning a living if you don't know what it is yet. If you already know, the emphasis is to continue with renewed conviction and certainty.
Our ego combined with logic operates from fear meant only to protect. But the ego and logic limits us. They are only part of the tools we should use to navigate life. The missing parts are Intuition and connection with our higher self. They operate fearlessly and want to deliver you to the truth of your destiny. Allow intuition to step to the forefront. Without the inclusion of the intuitive part of ourselves in crafting our lives and our next steps, we can get stuck in outdated modes of behavior. that no longer serve us in this major shift and changing times.
Awakening and nurturing your intuitive capabilities will help you to navigate these changing times from an inner knowing that will ensure you move forward towards an even more fulfilling way of living. Your intuition will help you to embrace your joy and encourage you to fearlessly embrace those things that bring you happiness. With all that has gone on recently and all that we will probably continue to face in the near future, we need to welcome and accept the intuitive knowing we were all were born with. This is necessary in order for us to come out on the other side of these tumultuous times with a peaceful mind and heart.
Navigating from the very sacred and God-gifted place of intuition, you will always have guidance at your immediate reach. The more you engage your intuition, the stronger it becomes.
If you're a novice at allowing your intuition through, below are 10 ways to develop it.
Ways to develop intuition:
1. When you are out in the world become keenly aware of what's going on around you, not logically, but energetically. If you can safely close your eyes, do it and see what impressions you can get from your surrounds. If you have earplugs, you can also add to your closed eyes to increase your ability to sense things around you, or alternate between closing your eyes and wearing the earplugs
2. When you wake up in the morning, be still and listening. I'm hearing these days that lots of people are saying they are waking up between the hours of 3 and 6 a.m. on frequently. They are not sure what this is, or how to remedy it. This is the perfect time to be still, listen, ask higher self, guides, and ancestors what message is there that I need to receive right now... then be quiet and turn within... write it down! I think this early morning awakening is Spirit's way of getting through to the people who will listen.
3. Water is a great calming element and conductor of spiritual energy and can act as a portal. Take baths, showers with the intention of receiving messages. Be intent on turning within and be open. When you're around water in nature, turn within and see if there are any particular messages.
4. Automatic writing is a way to ignite intuition. Sit down. Breath deep. Center yourself. Then write down your impressions and images spontaneously. Don't judge it. Go with it. Be free and uninhibited even if it seems like gibberish. Don’t worry about spelling and punctuation. Don't read it until you feel you are absolutely done. See what has come out. The first few times there might not be much, but with continued effort you will see the messages develop.
5. Learn to trust your hunches and gut feelings. If something doesn’t feel right chances are it isn’t. You think of people out of the blue, reach out to them. If they end up reaching out to you first, then claim your moment of intuition. Your intuition is your inner guide, so learn to trust it. At first, trusting it may be a bit scary or feel a little weird, but allow it the opportunity to develop.
6. Employ your subconscious while you sleep. Before you go to bed at night, reflect upon a question for which you want an answer. Think about and explore different possibilities. Then ask for your higher self and guides to bring an answer. This will trigger your imagination and put your subconscious to work at furnishing you with creative solutions while you sleep.
7. Meditation helps you get quiet and be in the present moment. At the heart of any meditation method is the practice of quieting the mind, which can help you increase your awareness of your intuitive sense.
8. Watching for signs and decoding (repeating numbers, words, colors, etc.),
9. Asking guides and ancestors to help discern messages.
10. Using a pendulum, tarot/oracle cards to stimulate and hone into your intuition.
Keeping an intuition journal of intuitive impressions and confirmations will be helpful.
We all have natural intuitive abilities. It comes through dreams, thoughts, sensations, instantaneous insights, feelings, images, whispers, signs and symbols... all kinds of ways.
Starting to pay attention will help to strengthen your intuitive abilities. Your intuition is your inner guide, so learn to trust it.